Cornbread Dressing Recipes
If you love food then cornbread dressing recipe is something you should try out at some point in life. The recipes here have been selected keeping different taste buds in mind so hope you have fun making one or simply all of them over the holidays.
Have you ever tried to find out where the cornbread dressing recipe originated? Well, the delicious holiday dish has its beginnings in the middle ages where the cooks at that time took fowl’s and stuffed their body cavity with a mixture made out of bread and meat. As time passed the dish reached America and as the Southern part of the U.S began getting more populated the dish gained more prominence. With the passage of time cooks began experimenting and discovered that the stuffing was better cooked when baked in a pan separately. This revelation saw the birth of cornbread dressing as we know it today.
Spicy Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese
- Some Chopped Onion
- Spicy Italian Sausage - 1 lb
- Cranberries - 1 cup
- Cornbread Stuffing Mix - 16 oz
- Butter - ½ a stick
- Garlic (minced) - 1 ½ tablespoons
- Walnut Chips - ½ bag
- Turkey Broth - 2 ½ cups
- To begin take a pan and in it add the sausages. Once the sausage is cooked take it out and put it aside.
- Next take another pan and melt some butter in it. In the butter add the minced garlic, chopped onions and turkey broth. Now stir the mixture and in it add the cranberries and walnut chips.
- When that is done add the cornbread stuffing too and mix the contents well. Put this entire mixture into a casserole dish and spread evenly.
- When the above step is done take the parmesan cheese and sprinkle. Bake this dish at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Tasty Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Celery (chopped) - 1 stalk
- Green Pepper (chopped) - 1
- Carrot (chopped) -1
- Breakfast Sausage - 8 ounces
- Onion (Medium sized/chopped) - ½
- Poultry Dressing - 1 teaspoon
- Cornbread Stuffing Mix - 1 pound
- Cooked Rice - ¾ cup
- Milk - 2 to 3 cups
- First heat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. When that in done take a large skillet and cook the sausage in it until it is nice and brown.
- Next add the vegetables and cook until they turn soft. Now pour in the poultry seasoning and then put the skillet aside.
- With that over make the cornbread stuffing according to the directions provided on the package. Next take the rice and sausage mixture and add it to the stuffing. Take the milk and evenly moisten the dressing.
- In a large baking dish pour the dressing and bake it uncovered for about 1 hour or until the crust is formed on top.
Traditional Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Cornbread (crumbled) - 6 cups
- Soft bread Crumbs - 3 cups
- Butter - 4 ounces
- Onions (chopped) - 2 cups
- Celery (finely chopped) - 2 cups
- Chicken (diced) - 2 cups (optional)
- Dried Sage (crumbled) - 1 tablespoon
- Dried Leaf Thyme (crumbled) - 1 ½ teaspoon
- Dried Marjoram (crumbled) - 1 teaspoon
- Dried Rosemary (chopped) - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper (freshly ground) - ½ teaspoon
- Eggs (lightly beaten) - 2
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees. Next take a large mixing bowl and in it put the white bread crumbs along with the cornbread. When that is done take a saucepan and in it sauté the celery and onions in butter just until they turn tender.
- Now mix the sautéed vegetables with the bread mixture and then stir in the chicken broth (use just enough to moisten). If you are using the diced chicken add it now along with the beaten eggs and seasonings and blend well.
- When the mixture is ready take a large shallow baking bowl and pour. Bake this dish for about 20 to 30 minutes.